So there's talk about tax cuts hurting the deficit. I found some money... Hope this is enough.
1. Recover 345 billion in annual unpaid/underpaid taxes.
2. Cut 100,000 federal jobs at the average cost of $119K per job... That's 11.9 Billion! (hey, that's less than 10% of the federal workforce)
3. Slice the following department budgets in HALF: HUD, EPA, DOL, and "OTHER" - This represents a 85 billion dollar savings.
4. Slash the Department of State in half... Can't we teleconference? Savings 25 billion!
5. Cut the following programs by 20%... This WILL hurt...
Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Transportation
Department of Energy
Which will save us... 183 BILLION!
6. Finally.. For those bleeding hearts who are saddened by the 650 billion in cuts I just proposed...
Offer a "Donate $50 to the Government" option on people's tax forms. After all, making another $50 billion for those tax cuts should be easy, right?
I bet you if you looked at those cuts I proposed... They are all administrative costs anyway!